Terms and conditions
General Terms and Conditions
Article 1 – Definitions
In these terms and conditions:
1. Business owner means the natural person or legal entity offering online products and/or services to consumers;
2. Consumer means the natural person not acting in the course of his business or profession and who concludes a distance contract with Singer Laren;
3. Distance contract means an agreement in which exclusive use is made of one or more techniques of distance communication as part of a system set up by Singer Laren for selling online products and/or services up to and including the conclusion of agreements;
4. Technique of distance communication means a means of communication that can be used for concluding agreements without the need for both consumer and business owner to get together in the same place at the same time;
5. Cooling-off period means the period during which the consumer is allowed to make use of his right of withdrawal;
6. Right of withdrawal means the opportunity for the consumer to decide not to conclude a distance contract;
7. Day means a calendar day;
8. Continuing performance agreement means a distance contract with regard to a series of products and/or services of which the delivery and/or purchase obligation is spread over time.
9. Permanent data carrier means each device that enables the consumer or the business owner to store information addressed to him in person in a manner that makes it possible for him to consult the stored information in the future and to reproduce it unchanged.
Article 2 – Details of Singer Laren
Postal address Singer Laren
C/o Singer Web Shop
Visiting address Singer Laren (Museum Shop)
Oude Drift 1
1251 BS Laren
Telephone and fax T +31 (0)35 5393935
F +31 (0)35 5317751
You may contact us from Monday through Friday from 11:00 hours to 17:00 hours.
VAT number NL 003016481B01 and Chamber of Commerce Hilversum 32 02 26 88.
Article 3 – Scope
1. These general terms and conditions apply to each offer made by Singer Laren and to each distance contract concluded between business owner and consumer.
2. The text of these general terms and conditions will be made available to the consumer prior to the conclusion of the distance contract.
3. In the event that, in addition to these general terms and conditions, specific product or service conditions also apply, the second and third paragraph applies equally and the consumer may always rely on the appropriate provision that is most advantageous to him in the event of conflicting general terms and conditions.
Article 4 – The offeer
1. If an offer is valid for a limited period of time or is made under certain conditions then this is explicitly stated in the offer.
2. The offer includes a complete and accurate description of the offered products and/or services. The description must be in sufficient detail to make it possible for the consumer to form a considered opinion on the offer. If Singer Laren makes use of illustrations then these are a true reproduction of the products and/or services on offer. Singer Laren is not bound to any obvious errors or mistakes.
3. Each offer includes as much information as is needed to make it clear to the consumer what the rights and obligations are that are attached to accepting the offer. This information concerns specifically:
• the price, including any taxes;
• the delivery costs;
• the manner in which the agreement will be concluded and the steps that are necessary to effect this;
• whether or not the right of withdrawal applies to the offer;
• the method of payment, delivery or execution of the agreement;
• the time-limit set for the acceptance of the offer or the time-limit during which the price is valid;
• the fee for the distance communication if the costs of the use of the technique of distance communications is calculated on a different basis than the basic rate;
• if an agreement is archived after it has been concluded, the manner in which the consumer can consult the archived agreement;
• the manner in which the consumer may be informed of actions he does not intend prior to the conclusion of the agreement as well as the manner in which the consumer can repair these actions prior to the conclusion of the agreement;
• the codes of conduct that apply to Singer Laren and the manner in which the consumer can consult these codes of conduct electronically; and
• the minimum time period of the distance contract in the event that it concerns an agreement for a continuing or periodic delivery of products and/or services.
Article 5 – The agreement
1. The agreement is concluded, subject to the provisions in paragraph 4, on the moment on which the consumer has accepted the offer and the conditions made for that offer have been met.
2. If a consumer has accepted the offer electronically, Singer Laren immediately confirms electronically the acceptance of the offer. For as long as this acceptance is not confirmed, the consumer may cancel the agreement.
3. If an agreement is concluded electronically, Singer Laren takes appropriate technical and organizational steps to secure the electronic transfer of data and Singer Laren provides for a secure web environment. If the consumer can pay electronically, Singer Laren observes the appropriate security measures in that regard.
4. Within the statutory framework, Singer Laren may make enquiries to ascertain whether the consumer will be able to meet his payment obligations as well as with regard to all those facts and circumstances that may be important for a responsible conclusion of a distance contract. If following the enquiries Singer Laren has good reasons not to conclude this agreement, it has the right to refuse the order or application or to attach specific conditions to the execution of the agreement, stating the grounds for doing so.
5. Singer Laren will communicate to the consumer in writing or in such manner as it can be accessibly stored on a permanent data carrier the following information with the product or service:
(a) the visiting address of a branch of Singer Laren the consumer can visit in the event of a complaint;
(b) the conditions under which and the manner in which the consumer may make use of the right of withdrawal or a very clear notification that the right of withdrawal is excluded;
(c) the information on the existing after-sale services following the purchase and guarantees;
(d) the information included in article 4 (3) of these terms and conditions unless Singer Laren has provided the consumer with this information prior to the execution of the agreement.
(e) the requirements for giving notice to terminate the agreement if the agreement has a term longer than one year or has been concluded for an indefinite period.
6. If Singer Laren has undertaken to deliver a series of products or services, the provision included in the preceding paragraph only applies to the first delivery.
Article 6a – Right of withdrawal on delivery of product
1. On the purchase of products, the consumer is allowed to terminate the agreement for a period of fourteen working days without having to state the reasons. This period begins on the day following the date on which the product has been received by or on behalf of the consumer.
2. During this period, the consumer will handle the product and its packaging with the utmost care. The consumer will only unpack or use the product to the extent as is necessary to assess whether he wants to keep that product. If he makes use of his right of withdrawal, the consumer will return the product with all the delivered accessories and in their original condition and packaging to Singer Laren, in keeping with the reasonable and clear instructions provided by Singer Laren.
Article 6b – Right of Withdrawal on delivery of services
1. On the delivery of services, the consumer is allowed to terminate the agreement for a period of fourteen working days without having to state the reasons as of on the date on which the agreement was concluded.
2. In order to make use of his right of withdrawal, the consumer will observe the reasonable and clear instructions provided by Singer Laren on the offer and/or delivery at the latest.
Article 7 – Expenses in the event of a withdrawal
1. If the consumer makes use of his right of withdrawal then no more than the costs of returning the product will be paid by him.
2. If the consumer has paid an amount then Singer Laren will reimburse this amount as soon as possible but not later than 14 days after the return of the product or withdrawal.
Article 8 – Exclusion right of withdrawal
1. If the consumer does not have the right of withdrawal, Singer Laren can only exclude this right if Singer Laren has stated this clearly in the offer, at least prior to the conclusion of the agreement.
2. Exclusion of the right of withdrawal is only possible for the following products:
(a) those made by Singer Laren in accordance with the specifications of the consumer;
(b) those that are clearly of a personal nature;
(c) those that cannot be returned as a result of their nature;
(d) those that are subject of increased decay or aging;
(e) those whose price is linked to the fluctuations on the financial market over which Singer Laren does not have any control;
(f) for individual copies of newspapers and magazines;
(g) for audio and video recordings and computer software of which the consumer has broken the seal.
3. Exclusion of the right of withdrawal is only possible for the following services:
(a) those concerning accommodation, transport, restaurant establishment or leisure activities to be provided on a fixed date or during a fixed period;
(b) of which the delivery has started prior to the expiry of the cooling-off period with the express permission of the consumer;
(c) concerning bets and lotteries.
Article 9 – The price
1. For the term of validity mentioned in the offer, the prices of the offered products and/or services will not be increased with the exception of price changes as a result of changes in the VAT rates.
2. In departure from the preceding paragraph, Singer Laren offers against a variable price products or services of which the prices are linked to the fluctuations on the financial market and of which Singer Laren does not have any control. This linkage to the market fluctuations and the fact that any included prices are recommended prices will be included in the offer.
3. Price increases within three months following the conclusion of the agreement will only be allowed if they are the result of statutory rules and regulations.
4. Price increases as of three months following the conclusions of the agreement will only be allowed if Singer Laren has stipulated this and:
(a) if they are the result of statutory regulations and provisions; or
(b) if the consumer has the authority to give notice of termination of the agreement at the date on which the price increase goes into effect.
5. The prices included in the offer of products and/or services are VAT inclusive.
Article 10 – Conformity and guaranty
1. Singer Laren guarantees that the products and/or services meet the agreement, the specifications included in the offer, the reasonable requirements of sound condition and/or suitability and the statutory provisions and/or government regulations current on the date on which the agreement is concluded.
2. A guarantee scheme offered by Singer Laren, a manufacturer or an importer does not affect the rights and claims the consumer may invoke against Singer Laren on the basis of the agreement.
Article 11 – Delivery and execution
1. Singer Laren will observe the utmost care in taking receipt of and the execution of the orders for products and in assessing the applications to provide services.
2. The delivery address is the address communicated by the consumer to the business.
3. With due observance of the provisions set out above in article 4 of these terms and conditions, Singer Laren will execute the accepted orders with all due speed but not later than within a period of thirty days unless a longer delivery period has been agreed. If the delivery is delayed or if an order cannot be executed or can only be partially executed the consumer will receive notice of this fact not later than one month after he had placed the order. In that case, the consumer will have the right to terminate the agreement against no cost and have a right to damages, if any.
4. In the event of a termination under the preceding paragraph, Singer Laren will repay the amount that the consumer has paid as soon as possible but not later than thirty days after the termination.
5. If the delivery of an ordered product turns out to be impossible then Singer Laren will make every effort to make a replacement available. Not later than on delivery will the consumer be informed in clear and simple words that a replacement will be delivered. The right of withdrawal cannot be excluded from replacements. The costs of the return shipment will be at the expense of Singer Laren.
6. The risk of damage to and/or of loss of products will be borne by Singer Laren up to the moment on which the products are delivered to the consumer, unless it has been explicitly agreed otherwise.
Article 13 – Payment
1. Singer Laren accepts the following credit cards in its web shop: MasterCard and Visa. Payments can also be made by means of online banking through iDeal.
2. Visa Electron is not included in the payment options of Singer Webshop. We do not send any parcels under cash on delivery.
3. If the customer does not own a credit card or cannot pay by means of online banking then Singer Laren offers the payment option of ‘payment in advance’. Following the receipt of the payment, Singer Laren will proceed with shipment of the order to the consumer.
4. The consumer has the obligation to inform Singer Laren immediately of any inaccuracies with regard to the provided or stated payment details.
5. In the event of non-payment on the part of the consumer, Singer Laren has the right, with the exception of statutory restrictions, to charge the consumer the additional costs communicated beforehand to the consumer.
Article 14 – Complaints Procedure
1. Singer Laren has a complaints procedure that has sufficiently made public and will handle the complaint in accordance with this complaints procedure.
2. Complaints on the execution of the agreement must be submitted to Singer Laren with all due speed and described in full and in clear terms after the consumer has discovered the defects.
3. Complaints submitted to Singer Laren will be answered within a period of 14 days calculated as of the date of receipt of the complaint. If it is foreseeable that the complaint requires a longer handling period Singer Laren will answer within the period of fourteen days with a message of receipt and an indication will be given when the consumer may expect a more extensive answer.